- Ted Strub and Amy Vandehey recently attended the all NOAA Cooperative Institute Director and Administrator's Meeting held April 19-21, 2010 at the NOAA offices in Silver Spring, MD.
- Check out what exciting research is happening at CIOSS in the Year 7 Annual Progress Report!
- Update: A new website has been made to show past SMILE Highschool Challenges, along with photos and teacher activities.
The theme for the 2009-2010 SMILE Highschool afterschool activities and Challenge Event was El Niño and large scale climate variations. This year's Challenge was held April 8-9, 2010 at Western Oregon University and Oregon State University.
- A CIOSS Executive Board meeting was held at the NOAA offices in Silver Spring, MD on September 4, 2009. It was intended to summarize CIOSS activities and partnerships for the Board members and ask for guidance that will help CIOSS gain support for activities and partnerships that extend beyond SOCD to other NESDIS and NOAA offices. A summary of the meeting and connections of points made to CIOSS activities can be found here.
- A new spreadsheet is available that summarizes the CIOSS Fellows' areas of expertise, grouped by scientific theme. It also includes contact information and is useful for NOAA program officers looking for possible collaboration opportunities and a quick reference for potential Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) students and NOAA student exchanges. This can be found on a permanent link under "Personnel" on the navigation bar.
Last Updated: 28 May 2010
Website Menu by Brothercake
Cooperative Institute for Oceanographic Satellite Studies
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences, Oregon State University, 104 COAS Administration Building, Corvallis, OR 97331-5503
Phone: 541-737-9655, Fax: 541-737-2064, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer. This website is supported through funding from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
The content and views are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of NOAA or the Department of Commerce.
This site is best viewed using Firefox 3.5.9 at 1600x1200.